City Telecom Cable / DSL High Speed Internet Customer Agreement & Usage Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to City Telecom (CITI) Cable & DSL internet service, and sets out the basic rights, obligations and restrictions of between City Telecom (“We” “us” “City Telecom” or “CITI”) and to its Subscribers (the "Subscriber" “user” “customer” or “You”). All of the terms and conditions contained herein (hereinafter referred to as "Terms") bind both City Telecom and the Subscriber and are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of City Telecom, without any prior notice to the Subscriber. This agreement governs your use of the Services (the “Service”, “Cable Internet” or “Internet Service”). If there is any inconsistency between other documents describing the service plans, features, services or products and these Terms, these Terms will prevail.
This is our agreement with you, the Subscriber. You agree not to use our Service for a prohibited purpose, violating any law, making annoying or offensive on the internet network, or interfering with other Subscribers' Service. You further agree not to resell, transfer, or share your service.
For all new registrations, some service activation fee would be charge. Subscribe a non-contract service, $105 one time service activation fee applies and it’s non-refundable. If sign-up for a minimum 1 year contract, an activation fee of $65(Cable) & $99(DSL) would be charge for Cable / DSL Internet Service. A refund will only be given to accounts that cannot receive service. Delays in activation due to improper information provided by you - the Subscribers, home wiring, central office or telephone line problems, or anything of the like do NOT qualify as non-serviceable events. City Telecom must be allotted the opportunity to complete it’s troubleshoot before a refund/credit will be issued.
City Telecom or any of its agents or third party providers is only responsible to bring/provide service to the locations demarcation point. Under no circumstance or condition are any of the above responsible for any inside wiring, internal repairs or equipment.
City Telecom or any of its agents or third party providers cannot be held accountable or responsible under any circumstance or condition for any cancellation fees or costs incurred by you from your previous service providers. Subscriber is responsible for paying all charges, plus all applicable taxes thereon, for the Services subscribed for from City Telecom (which charges are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of City Telecom without notice to Subscriber), including additional internet usage used via Subscriber's Internet account. Non-Sufficient Fund and all refused payments shall incur a $25 administrative fee per occurrence. City Telecom reserves the right to charge a late payment charge (2% per month or 24.00% per year) will be applied to any overdue balance, and/or, additional maximum $50 or 25% of total overdue balance administrative fee remitted to collections. Please ensure that the email provided is valid and regularly checked, as all payment statement and notifications will be sent via email.
Speed Cable / DSL Internet:
Under no circumstance or condition is City Telecom or any of its agents or third party providers are NOT responsible to disconnect/cancel for your current provider during your transition to City Telecom.
Cable line (Cable Internet)
If you are not exist Cable Internet or Cable TV subscriber, and without the cable line pre-installed at the service address. A dispatch charge would be applied for the cable line installation. Subscriber is responsibility to pay for the installation with a minimum $99, plus additional hourly labour charge and hardware supply cost. Under no circumstance or condition, City Telecom or any it’s agents or third party installation company will not refund any installation charge.
Modem & Hardware Compatibility
Subscriber can use their own modem to connect City Telecom Cable Internet Service. Subscriber may consult our technical support team or Customer Service Representatives to verify the modem compatibility of each brand and model. To ensure the use of service successful and simple, subscriber may purchase modem from City Telecom or its agents is recommended. If courier required, a non-refundable shipping and handling charges apply. If any service delay related to incorrect network connection / configuration issue or use an un-compatible modem, City Telecom will not refund or adjust the payment. City Telecom will not support any technical issue on the set-up of other hardware, like router, switch or computer. Subscriber may contact the hardware reseller or the product technical support service.
If customer required change the service address. City Telecom will charge the activation and / or relocation administration fee. Customer may contact Customer Service hotline at 416-502-1838 (Toronto) / 604-298-6988 (Vancouver) or 1866-787-8897 (Toll Free) for more details. All activation and relocation administration fees are non-refundable.
A $35.00 onetime servicing fee may apply to customers using our Dry Loop DSL service if additional work is required at your location.
A $125.00 onetime servicing fee may apply to customers. If Bell Canada has to work on the copper lines to connecting the DSL service.
1. Customer Obligations
a. The Customer shall:
i. for any Customer or third party provided equipment or software, arrange for the supply, installation and maintenance of such equipment, if applicable, and ensure that such equipment or software is installed and maintained according to the manufacturer's specifications and the customer's specifications, if any;
understand that service is available
where technology permits.
Rates do not include installation by a technician and costs to correct internal wiring problems at customers' premises.
iii. ensure at all times that the City Telecom Provided Equipment and Customer or third party provided equipment is stored in a manner and in an environment which conform to the relevant equipment manufacturer's specifications;
iv. be responsible for the loss of and risk or damage the City Telecom Provided Equipment except where caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of City Telecom;
v. provide all necessary infrastructure, including without limitation, power outlets, grounding and anti-static environments required for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the City Telecom Provided Equipment and the Customer or third party provided equipment in accordance with Canadian Standards Association or other specifications or regulations as applicable; and
vi. permit City Telecom or its Third Party Providers prompt and safe access to its premises for the purpose of performing its obligations under the service(s) provided or disconnecting and removing the City Telecom Provided Equipment.
b. The Customer, its agents, employees or representatives shall not commit any act or cause or permit any act to be committed or provide any services which will conflict with or affect in any way the provision of the Services by City Telecom.
c. The Customer agrees not to tamper with, alter or otherwise rearrange the Services nor shall it permit or assist others to abuse or fraudulently use the Services including but not limited to using the Services (i) in any manner which interferes unreasonably with the Services or City Telecom’s network, or access thereto by other persons; or (ii) for any purpose or in any manner directly or indirectly in violation of applicable laws or in violation of any third party rights.
d. The Customer shall solely be responsible for use of the Services by any of its employees, officers, directors, agents as well as its end users and agrees to take all necessary measures to ensure that such persons use the Services in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Customer agrees to comply with (i) the Internet Use Policy set forth herein, which policy may be amended by City Telecom from time to time; to the extent the Customer is receiving an Internet based service, and (ii) any third party software license terms and conditions in respect of software used by the Customer in connection with the use of the Services.
e. The Customer shall be solely responsible for obtaining necessary licenses and/or authorizations for all software and equipment, which are not provided by City Telecom. City Telecom shall not be responsible if any changes in the Services cause equipment, hardware or software not provided by City Telecom to become obsolete, require modification or attention, or otherwise affect performance of same. City Telecom shall provide the Customer with one (1) months’ notice of such changes.
f. City Telecom reserves the right to take all actions, including immediate suspension of the Services, which it considers necessary to assure compliance with the Customer Obligations. The Customer will be responsible for all additional costs, liabilities and expenses incurred by City Telecom resulting directly from a breach by Customer of this Section.
a. Customer acknowledges that City Telecom does not warrant uninterrupted or error free Services or the content, availability, accuracy or any other aspect of any information including, without limitation, all data, files and all other information or content in any form or of any type, accessible or made available to or by Customer or its end users through the use of the Services. City Telecom shall be permitted from time to time to interrupt the Services in order to provide maintenance to the Services, as more specifically set out in the Schedules.
b. The warranties provided in this Agreement are in lieu of all other warranties and conditions. The Customer hereby waives all other warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including any warranty of merchantability, fitness of a particular purpose, or availability or reliability of the Services.
a. SUBJECT TO SECTION 4, CITY TELECOM’S AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS' TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY, IF ANY, TO THE CUSTOMER FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES WILL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AGGREGATE MONTHLY CHARGES (NET OF ALL DISCOUNTS AND CREDITS) PAID BY THE CUSTOMER DURING THE PERIOD SUCH DAMAGES WERE INCURRED, SUCH PERIOD NOT TO EXCEED THREE (3) MONTHS, FOR THE SPECIFIC SERVICES THAT ALLEGEDLY GIVE RISE TO THE DAMAGES.
b. CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AGAINST CITY TELECOM IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES AND THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE AS STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
a. Either Party may, at its option, terminate this Agreement
effective 5 days after notice or prior opportunity to cure the default if the
other party makes or is deemed to have made a general assignment for the
benefit of creditors under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (the “Act”), or if
a petition is filed against it under the Act (and is not removed within thirty
(30) days after the filing thereof), or if it shall be declared or adjudicated
bankrupt, or if an application is made in respect of it under the Companies’
Creditors Arrangement Act, or if a liquidator, trustee in bankruptcy,
custodian, receiver, receiver and manager, moderator, or any other officer with
similar powers shall be appointed of or for it (and is not removed within
thirty (30) days, if such appointment was not voluntary), or if it shall commit
any act of bankruptcy or institute proceedings to be adjudged bankrupt or
insolvent or consents to the institution of such appointment or proceedings, or
if it admits in writing an inability to pay debts generally as they become due
or becomes an “insolvent person” as that term is defined in the Act.
b. City Telecom may terminate this Agreement in the event that
the Customer is in breach of any material term of this Agreement (other than a
failure to pay an amount when due) and shall fail to remedy such breach within
two (2) days after receiving written (by email, mail or fax) notice thereof
from the City Telecom. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the breach is not
capable of being remedied within such two (2) day period, the period in which
the breach may be remedied shall be extended for an additional period of three
(3) days, provided that the Customer has used and continues to use all
reasonable commercial/personal efforts to cure the breach in a timely manner.
c. City Telecom may terminate this Agreement in the event the Customer fails to pay any amount payable hereunder when due and fails to remedy such breach within two (2) days after receiving written (by email, mail or fax) notice thereof from City Telecom.
d. Customer may terminate this Agreement in the event City
Telecom fails to provide the service requested hereunder when due and fails to
remedy such breach within five (5) days after receiving written (by email, mail
or fax) notice thereof from Customer. The sole remedy for such breach is the
value of up to one (1) months service, unless mutually agreed by both parties.
e. For the purposes of this Terms and Conditions, in the event that Customer does not perform its respective obligations, responsibilities or provide the deliverables agreed to in this agreement, and such breach is not cured within the two (2) day period referred to the policies in this Terms and Conditions, City Telecom may, at its option, immediately terminate this Agreement and all fees under this Agreement, shall be immediately due and payable to City Telecom.
CUSTOMER MUST PROVIDE CITY TELECOM A NOTICE OF CANCELLATION AT LEAST 30 BUSINESS
DAYS AHEAD OF THE MONTHLY RENEWAL DATE. IF CUSTOMER CANCEL THE SERVICE WITHIN
THE CONTRACT PERIOD, A $85 EARLY TERMINATION CHARGE APPLY ****
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CITY TELECOM OR THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, COSTS, LIABILITY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF ANY INFORMATION SYSTEM, FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED SAVINGS OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, WHETHER ARISING IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STATUTE, EQUITY, CONTRACT, COMMON LAW, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR LEGAL THEORY EVEN IF CITY TELECOM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. CUSTOMER AGREES, ACKNOWLEDGES AND CONFIRMS THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF
LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS SECTION ARE FAIR AND REASONABLE IN THE COMMERCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT CITY TELECOM WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT BUT FOR CUSTOMER'S AGREEMENT TO LIMIT CITY TELECOM'S AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS' LIABILITY IN THE MANNER, AND TO THE EXTENT, PROVIDED FOR HEREIN.
CITY TELECOM AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS ASSUME NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM (i) THE USE OF THE SERVICES FURNISHED BY CITY TELECOM IN COMBINATION WITH SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTIES AND (ii) THE FAILURE BY THE CUSTOMER TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS. SECTIONS 3 AND 4 OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT OF A BREACH OF CONDITION, A BREACH OF AN ESSENTIAL OR FUNDAMENTAL TERM, OR A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
INTERNET USE POLICY
The Customer is solely responsible for use of the Services by any of its employees, officers, directors, agents and any other end user of the Services (collectively, the «End Users»). The Customer agrees to comply, and to ensure that, the End Users comply with the following policies and procedures associated with the use of the Services (the Customer and/or End Users are sometimes hereinafter referred to as «you»).
1. Rules. While using the Service, you may NOT:
a. post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the Service in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Service or the Internet;
b. post or transmit messages constituting "spam", which includes but is not limited to unsolicited e-mail messages, inappropriate postings to news groups, false commercial messages, mail bombing or any other abuse of e-mail or news group servers;
c. post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, "cancelbot", "trojan horse", "worm" or other harmful or disruptive component; or
d. upload or download, post, publish, retrieve, transmit, or otherwise reproduce, distribute or provide access to information, software or other material which: (i) is confidential or is protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights, without prior authorization from the rights holder(s); (ii) is defamatory, obscene, child pornography or hate literature; or (iii) constitutes invasion of privacy, appropriation of personality, or unauthorized linking or framing.
2. Your Equipment. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer system meets the minimum requirements stated by City Telecom as being necessary to use the Service. From time to time, the computer equipment required to access and use the Service may change. Accordingly, your computer equipment may cease to be adequate to access and use the Service.
3. You Can Best Control the Risk and Therefore Are Responsible. City Telecom will not assume any responsibility for your acts or omission. Account and password protection will be your responsibility.
4. Monitoring. City Telecom has no obligation to monitor the Service. However, in order to protect itself and its subscribers, City Telecom will be entitled to electronically monitor the Service from time to time and disclose any information concerning the End User required by the Customer or that is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or lawful request. City Telecom will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail message unless required by law. City telecom reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it determines, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these policies.
5. Content. You acknowledge that some content, products or services available with or through the Service («Content») may be offensive or may not comply with applicable laws. You understand that neither City Telecom nor any of its affiliates attempt to censor or monitor any Content. You also acknowledge that neither City Telecom nor any of its affiliates have any obligation to monitor your use of the Service and, except as provided herein, have no control over such use. You assume total responsibility and risk for access to or use of Content and for your use of the Service. City Telecom and its affiliates assume no liability whatsoever for any claims or losses arising out of or otherwise relating to your access to or use of Content.
6. Privacy. City Telecom cannot guarantee privacy. Your messages may be the subject of unauthorized third party interception and review. City Telecom therefore recommends that the Service not be used for the transmission of confidential information.
7. E-mail. Sending unsolicited, e-mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising, mailing lists and informational announcements is prohibited. Users will not use another site's mail server to relay mail.
8. Usenet. Users shall not post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups or lists. Users will not post any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, email mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owned-published FAQ or description of the group or list.
9. System and Network Security. Users are prohibited from violating any system or network security measures including but not limited to engaging in unauthorized access or use of City Telecom's or a third party's network, data or information. Users are unauthorized to monitor City Telecom’s or third party's data, systems or network traffic. Users are prohibited to interfere with service to any user, host or network including without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, and deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Users are prohibited to forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
VIOLATION OF ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
City Telecom considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its service. Therefore, City Telecom's terms and conditions of service prohibit these practices. Engaging in one or more of these practices may result in termination or suspension of the offender's account and/or access to City Telecom's services. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit City Telecom's actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. City Telecom reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the City Telecom service, and levying cancellation charges to cover City Telecom's costs. In addition, City Telecom reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
Price Adjustment and Rate Restructuring. City Telecom may, at its discretion, adjust the fees payable under this agreement, and as set forth in the Service Schedules, provided that written notice of any increase shall be provided by City Telecom to the Customer forty five (45) days prior to implementation. In the event the underlying provider of any underlying service or facility used by City Telecom to provide the Service increases the amount charged to City Telecom for any such underlying service or facility or restructures the corresponding rate into new rate components, City Telecom shall have the right to increase correspondingly the rate charged to Customer or restructure its rates accordingly, provided that written notice of any increase or restructuring shall be provided by City Telecom to the Customer at least thirty (30) days prior to implementation except in those situations in which the provider of the underlying service or facility provides City Telecom less than thirty (30) days notice, in which cases City telecom shall provide Customer the same notice as the underlying service provider provides to City Telecom.
Changes to Market Conditions. City Telecom shall have the right to terminate the Agreement on forty five (45) days written notice if City Telecom determines that it is unable to continue to support any Service channel or otherwise offer Service to Customer because of change to the industry or market or because it becomes uneconomic for City Telecom to continue to offer a Service. In such event, City Telecom shall have no further liability to the Customer, but City Telecom shall provide commercially reasonable assistance to the Customer to transition its Subscribers to another provider, if available.
According to the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), implement the regulation amendments to restrict the retail internet providers regulated their service on the bandwidth speed, usage limitation, and any other related cost. Refer the Bill “Billing practices for wholesale residential high-speed access service (bill # CRTC 2011-703, CRTC 2011-704)”. Once the regulation is implemented, I hereby agree and understand that I have abide the following items and amendments once the new regulation takes effect, even in the duration of contract.
1. Upon implementation of the regulations mentioned above, I agree with the City Telecom to follow CRTC’s new guidelines and make adjustments against to my Broadband Service with City Telecom.
2. It may be a difference on the bandwidth speed, usage limitation and service charges to compare the current Internet service.
3. Once regulation mentioned above bring into force, customer must agree to pay the new pricing to maintain the same service.
4. Before the bill CRTC 2011-703, CRTC 2011-704 finalize or bring into force, City Telecom will remain the same service that customer subscribed within the contract period.
5. If customer who is not satisfied our service under the new regulation, customer has the right to terminate the contract without any earlier termination fee with-in 45 days after new regulation take effect.
6. Customer must go through all formalities with City Telecom, and return all stated service device and accessories, if internet service cancellation is needed. City Telecom will stop both internet service and monthly charge starting from the next billing or service cycle. Please contact City Telecom customer service hotline at 416-502-1838 or visit our head office in person in the address below.
7. Customer, who entitle with a free modem from City Telecom before, who have to agree to pay $95.00 CAD (plus applicable tax) for the modem purchase if terminating the Internet Service within the contract period.
8. City Telecom will continue provides the Home Phone and/or Hong Kong Broadband Phone service for customers even the Internet Service requested to terminate in the I-Bundle package. Due to the change for the I-Bundle service, the Home Phone and Hong Kong Broadband Phone bundle contract is adjustable as well. (For more details, please refer to Home Phone & Hong Kong Broadband Phone service terms and conditions for more details.) Customers have their own responsibility to get another ISP to support the phone service. City Telecom will not compensate for any lost or service outage.
9. For more information regarding the regulation mentioned above, please browse www.crtc.gc.ca
Updated on 150417
Cable internet Service T&C
Updated on 150417 Cable internet Service T&C
Customer Service: 416-502-1838 (Toronto) 604-298-6988 (Vancouver) 1866-787-8897 (Toll Free)
24/7 Technical Support: 416-502-6009 (Toronto) 604-821-1656 (Vancouver)